Fixing Household Water Leaks Helps Conserve Water and Saves Money Too!
- Finding and fixing household water leaks is not all that difficult. And you’ll help conserve water while saving money on your water bill!
- Fixing household water leaks can save homeowners about 10 percent on their water bills. (source epa.gov)
- If you believe you have a leak from your toilet, don’t let it sit. Toilet leak test strips are available at the District. Call and request one.
- Household leaks can waste more than 1 trillion gallons of water nationwide each year, which is equal to the annual household water use of more than 11 million homes. (source epa.gov)
- 10 percent of homes have leaks that waste 90 gallons of water or more per day! (source epa.gov)
- Common leaks found in the home include worn toilet flappers, dripping faucets and other leaking valves; all easy fixes!