Smart Controller Rebate Program
To further enhance our water conservation efforts, The Garden City Park Water District is proud to present a smart irrigation controller rebate program. This program offers qualified consumers who currently have a conventional sprinkler system controller a one time account credit of up to $150 towards the purchase of a new WaterSense labeled smart controller.
In order to qualify for this program you must be a current resident of The Garden City Park Water District and be in good standing. The new smart controller must be a labeled WaterSense controller. Please visit This Link to verify that the controller you are considering is listed. The new smart controller must be programmed to run according to the districts watering guidelines outlined in our district ordinances and website. Once the new smart controller is installed, one of our field technicians will be required to inspect the new installation as well as the old conventional controller. Please see the terms and conditions on the bottom of this page to see if you qualify for this program. If you qualify, please complete and submit the following application and a district employee will contact you shortly.
Please Note: Applications are processed in the order received. Credits will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Funding is limited to the first 50 qualified applicants; therefore, rebates are not guaranteed.
Terms and Conditions:
- Participant must be a Garden City Park Water District (District) customer and the property owner of the installation site.
- The applicant must have an account in good standing with the District. The participant must have a fully functioning irrigation system that is run by a working timer/controller.
- The participant must retain the old replaced timer/controller for a District field technician to verify during our site visit.
- Rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis to eligible participants while funding remains.
- Site must have an efficient, well maintained irrigation system compatible with a smart controller. (e.g., no line breaks, pressure issues, broken spray heads, etc.)
- Purchases must be on the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) list of WaterSense labeled controllers www.epa.gov/WaterSense/products/controltech.html
- Controller must be installed and programmed per manufacturer’s directions. Initial settings are fine tuned to eliminate wet and dry zones.
- Controller must be replacing an existing conventional controller.
- Smart controllers must be installed with a rain sensor unless the controller model installed includes an onsite weather component.
- All homes with an automatic lawn sprinkler must have at least a double check valve (DCV) as a form of backflow prevention device.
- All sprinkler systems must have a pressure vacuum breaker (PVB) installed on the sprinkler line.
- Timer devices shall be programmed to automatically operate and permit flow only during the days and hours permitted under the District’s Water Conservation Programs latest notice. The automatic On-Off time-controlled irrigation system is to remain off during the period between the permissible irrigation days and times.
- Controller must be programmed to not water between 6am and 6pm.
- Controller must be programmed that if you live at an EVEN numbered address then you can water on EVEN numbered calendar days. If you live at an ODD numbered address then you can water on an ODD numbered calendar days. If you don’t have a numbered address then you can water on EVEN numbered calendar days.
- The participant agrees to leave the “smart controller” in place for a minimum of three years provided that ownership of the property does not change.
- The participant agrees to allow the District to inspect the smart controller system within the first three years after its installation.
- The District will bill rebate amount back to the customer service account if: i) upon inspection, the smart controller is not installed at the District serviced address or, ii) upon inspection, if the smart controller is not installed per manufacturer’s specifications or, iii)if applicable, customer discontinues payment of the signaling fee during the first three years after installation date.
- The participant agrees to allow the District to contact him or her for the purpose of conducting program research and agrees to participate in the customer satisfaction poll at the conclusion of the program.
- The participant has read and agrees to the conditions set forth in the following disclaimer:
Neither the District nor its contractors or agents makes any representation or warranty regarding the irrigation controller utilized in this Smart Controller Rebate Program. By participating in the rebate program, you waive and release the District and its contractors and agents from all claims and causes of action arising out of the purchase, installation or use of the smart controller purchased in connection with the Smart Controller Rebate Program. Any claim you have based upon defect or failure of the performance of the smart controller purchased by you in conjunction with this rebate program should be pursued with the controller’s manufacturer.
- Complete all sections of the smart irrigation controller rebate application.
- If you agree with the terms and conditions of the Rebate Program, fill out and submit the above application.
- Applications will be processed in the order of receipt. Do not purchase your new smart controller until you receive authorization to proceed. Rebate funds are not reserved until you receive authorization.
- Customers have 90 days, from the date of District approval to purchase and install the new irrigation control system.
- The smart controller device must be on the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) list of WaterSense labeled controllers and must meet the Irrigation Association’s definition of a smart controller stating that it will, “….monitor and use information about environmental conditions for a specific location and landscape – information such as soil moisture, rain, wind, the plant’s evaporation and transpiration (I/TO) rates, and in some cases, plant type and more – that enables the device to decide when to water, and when not to, providing exactly the right amount of water to maintain lush, healthy growing conditions.”
- The current smart controller rebate is $150 per property location. Email(email@example.com) or hand deliver to our office the completed Rebate Confirmation Notice along with a photo of the original sales/purchase receipt to the District at the address below. The original receipt must show make, model, and costs of the smart controller.
- Retain a copy of the sales receipt for your records. The rebate program is not responsible for materials lost by mail.
- Schedule site inspection verification visit by calling (516) 746-3194. This step is mandatory prior to receiving your rebate.
- You will receive a credit on your account within 90 days after the installation has been verified.